Sunday, October 30, 2011

Final Blog


From the time I first started blogging about The Glass of Tomorrow until now, my ideas have grown tremendously. At first, my product was just a vision. All I had was a concept. I didn’t really know how to transform my thoughts into a tangible item. I wasn’t aware of the technology that already exists in this world that could be used to make my product into a reality. A few things changed this for me.
            By researching similar products, I was able to gain immense insight into the technology used in the making, and ways to build upon and improve The Glass of Tomorrow. For example, upon researching the Microsoft Surface, I came across  “PixelSense,” which ”allows a display to recognize fingers, hands, and objects placed on the screen, enabling vision-based interaction without the use of cameras. The individual pixels in the display see what's touching the screen and that information is immediately processed and interpreted.” (Microsoft.com) Before reading about this, I, knowing very little about the in’s and out’s of advanced technology like this, had no idea how such interactive input was possible. However, after reading about the Microsoft Surface and the technology they use, I now understand how something like this could be implemented into my product.
            Since the beginning of my blogs, The Glass of Tomorrow has evolved immensely. It is still the same product, but now everything down to privacy, social media, hardware, input and output, bits and bytes, and digital color and audio has been considered. This product is an interactive technological surface that is glass. This interactive glass can be anywhere from your home, to your workplace, to your car, to stores… The categories of glass would include appliance veneer, automotive display, large format display, photovoltaic, LCD TV, architectural surface, wall format display, etc. It would be thermally durable, ultra thin, highly efficient, have advanced functionality, and be weather resistant. The purpose of this glass is to be able to sync your mobile device or computer with any surface that this glass is found, that way your life can follow you wherever you go. For example, if you are in the kitchen, but need to check your calendar on your phone, you can connect your phone to the kitchen counter made of this glass, and your calendar would pop up.
            I have a lot of faith in my product, and although some of the technology is still in the making for every vision that I have for The Glass of Tomorrow, I know that through the use of today’s technology, a lot of my ideas are possible. I enjoyed blogging about my idea, and I have no doubt in my mind that you’ll be seeing it one day in the near future!

-                         Emily Key


Blogs I Commented On:




No comments:

Post a Comment